Balamurali obtained his PhD degree from IIT Bombay and Monash University, Australia. He pursued his postdoctoral studies in conversation analysis at LIF labs in Marseille, France. At present he is working as a Senior Data Scientist at Acalvio Technologies. He holds various patents and has published his research in prestigious international conferences.
Course Taught: Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Data Mining
Areas of Interest: Information Security and Natural Language Processing, Reinforcement Learning and Game Theory for cyber attacker-defender Scenarios.
Research & Publication: Google scholar link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LxxqhC8AAAAJ
- A method and apparatus for automatic feedback system on automatic detection of sentiment and topics (India PTO Application: P20150062276), 2013
- Automatic ad placement based on automatic personality detection from social network text interaction (India PTO Application: P 3477/che/2013), 2013
- Smart Caller Application based on Interest Mining (India PTO Application: 4879/che/2014), 2014
- Location aware Elastic Groups (US PTO Application: P20150062276), 2014
Companies Worked: Samsung Research Institute, Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Sentiment analysis across Indian languages, Times of India
- Emotionally Literate Computers: Analysing emotions of social media users, Rain Tree, IIT Bombay
- Analysing data on social media to predict trends, IITB-Monash Research Academy newsletter
- Sentiment analysis across languages, Monash University Newsletter
- IIT-Bombay team creates program to detect drunk text message writers, Times of India