Shameem has done his FPM (PhD) in Finance & Accounting area from IIM Indore. Currently he is working as an Assistant Professor at the IIM Visakhapatnam. Prior to joining IIMV, he was working as an Assistant Professor at MDI Murshidabad. He has also worked at SunGard (now FIS) for over five years as consultant.
His teaching interests are Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Equity Financing, and Valuation. His research interest primarily lies in Corporate Finance, Governance & Capital Markets domain. He also works in Microfinance and Islamic finance area.
Shameem’s research interest primarily lies in Corporate Finance, Governance & Capital Markets domain. Besides this he is also working on Microfinance and Islamic finance.
Publication In Journals
· Jawed, M. S. & Chakrabarti, P. (Accepted), “Role of Algorithmic and Co-Location Trading on Speed of Information Adjustments: Evidence from India. “; Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, (Upcoming)
· Tapar, A. V., Dhaigude, A. S., & Jawed, M. S. (2017), “Customer Experience based Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention in Adventure Tourism: Exploring the Mediating role of Commitment”, Tourism Recreation Research, 42(3), 344-355
· Jawed, M. S. (2016), “The 10 Commandments for Family Business”, Journal of Family and Economic Issues Vol. 37 No. 3, pp 505–509
· Jawed, M. S., Gupta V. K., (2016), “ Once a Promoter, Always a Promoter! A Discussion on the Recent Regulatory Change on Promoter Reclassification in India“, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14 (6), 3591-3606
· Jawed, M. S., Tiwari, S. K., Dhaigude, A.S., &Tapar, A. V. (2015). “Risk-Sharing in Conventional and Islamic Finance: Convergent and Divergent Views”, Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, 11(3), 29-35.
· Tapar, A. V., Dhaigude, A. S., Tiwari, S. K., & Jawed, M. S. (2015). “Examining Role Of Perceived Customer Value In Online Shopping”, Indian Journal of Economics & Business, 14(2).
· Jawed, M. S., Tiwari, S. K., Dhaigude, A.S., & Tapar, A. V. (2015); “ Investigating the effects of sectoral diversification of loan and advances on risk and return of Indian commercial banks: post-financial crisis of 2008”, SMART Journal of Business Management Studies, 11(2), 1-11.
“Equity Sale by Promoters and Impact on Stock Prices: Evidences from an Exogenous Supply Shock” at the 23rd Annual Conference of the Multinational Finance Society, 26-29 June, 2016 at Stockholm Business School, Stockholm, SWEDEN
“Free-Float, Stock Liquidity and Ownership Structure: Evidence from changed public float regulation in India”, at the 7th Annual Financial Market Liquidity Conference, 17-18th November, 2016 at Corvinus University of Budapest, Budapest, HUNGARY
Impact of Forced Equity Sale by Insiders on Stock Price, Liquidity and Ownership Structure: Evidence from India, at 16th COSMAR, (11-12th November, 2016) at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
“Exploring the Mechanism of Entrepreneurial Orientation and Market Orientation on Firm Performance”, at Academy of International Business (AIB) India Chapter Conference-2016, IIM Indore (April, 2016) at Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
“Equity Sale by Promoters and Impact on Stock Prices: Evidences from an Exogenous Supply Shock”, at 9thDoctoral Thesis Conference – 2016, IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with IGIDR, Mumbai, India (April, 2016), Organized by IGIDR Mumbai and IBS Hyderabad
“An Analysis of Stock-Price Impact on High Promoter Holding Firm: Evidences from Minimum Public Shareholding Regulation”, at Management Doctoral Colloquium and VGSOM Research Scholars Day-2016, India (February, 2016) at VGSOM – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
"Role of Algorithmic Trading on Information Adjustments on Indian Stock Indices", at the 5th International Finance Conference, (January, 2016) at K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai, India
"Determinants of Sustainability Reporting: A longitudinal analysis of Nifty Indian companies", at 3rd PAN IIM World Management Conference, (December, 2015) at Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
“Antecedents of Innovativeness and Performance for SMEs in Emerging Markets: A Study of Indian Firms”, at 4thBiennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, (December, 2015) at Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (Noida), India
· Jawed, M. S. & Gupta V. K. (R&R) “Capital structure Research: Theories, Determinants and Methodologies.”, Australasian Accounting, Business and Finance Journal
· Jawed, M. S., Gupta V. K. & Kotha K. K. (Under Review), “Price Elasticity of Stock Demand Curve: Evidence from Supply Shock in India”, International Review of Economics and Finance
· Free-Float, Stock Liquidity and Ownership Structure: Evidence from India (with Kotha K. K., IIM Indore)
· Stock Liquidity and Firm Performance: Evidence from India (with Kotha K. K., IIM Indore)
· Women on boards and firm value: New evidence from policy experiment in India