Anupama Sharma holds a PhD (FPM) in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management (OB&HRM) area from Indian Institute of Management, Indore (India). Her doctoral thesis dealt with the topic ‘A critical examination of work engagement outcomes: A study among Indian IT professionals’. She obtained her bachelor's and Master's degree in Computer Science from Banasthali Vidyapith University, Jaipur. Before joining the doctoral programme at IIM Indore, she has gained industry experience in Information Technology sector (Aricent Tech, Gurgaon).
Prior to joining IIM Visakhapatnam, she has worked with Bennett University (Times Group), Greater Noida and TISS, Hyderabad as Assistant Professor.
She had presented her research work in various national and international conferences of repute such as AOM, CMS, INDAM, COSMAR, EURAM, IHRM, IIM-A Doctoral Colloquium etc. . She also serves as an ad hoc reviewer for several reputed journals and conferences in OB&HRM.
Her current research interests include work engagement, work non-work conflict, well being, and job crafting. Her teaching interests include organization behavior, change management and conflict and negotiation.
Forthcoming- "Work engagement, job crafting and innovativeness in the Indian IT industry" in Personnel Review special issue "Managing in the Indian Institutional Context".
Sharma, A., & Nambudiri, R. (2015). “Job-leisure conflict, turnover intention and the role of job satisfaction as a mediator: An empirical study of Indian IT professionals”. South Asian Journal of Management, 22(1), 7-27
Sharma, A. (2010). Review of Book “Corporate Chanakya: Successful Management the Chanakya Ways”, by Radhakrishnan Pillai, Indore Management Journal, 2(2), 99-100
- Sharma, A. (2017). Is work engagement always good? A look at negative personal outcomes. Presented at the 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM), Atlanta, Georgia, USA from August 4-8.
- Sharma, A., & Nambudiri, R. (2017). Work engagement: Side effects of a good medicine. Presented at the 10th International Critical Management Studies (CMS) Conference, Liverpool, UK from July 3-5.
- Sharma, A., & Nambudiri, R. (2017). Is work engagement always good? A look at negative personal outcomes. Accepted for presentation at the 17th Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Management (EURAM), Glasgow, Scotland, EU from June 21-24.
- Sharma, A. (2017). Work engagement: Can too much of a good thing be bad. Accepted for presentation at the Pennsylvania State University’s 3rd Global Conference on International Human Resource Management, St John’s University Manhattan Campus, USA from May 18-20.
- Sharma, A. (2015). Work engagement: A framework to analyze micro level individual outcomes. 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference at IIM-Lucknow (Noida Campus), India from Dec 11-13. Won Best Research Paper Award, Second Runner-up
- Sharma, A. (2013). The Relationship between Job-leisure Conflict and Turnover Intention: A Social Exchange Theory and Individualization Ideology Approach. 13th Annual Conference of the European Academy of Management (EURAM) at Istanbul, Turkey from Jun 26-29.
- Sharma, A. (2012). The relationship between job-leisure conflict and turnover intention: A social exchange and individualization theory approach. 12th International Human Resource Management Conference (IHRM) at MDI, Gurgaon, India from Dec 10-13.
- Sharma, A. (2013). A critical examination of work engagement outcomes. 13th Consortium of Students in Management Research Conference (COSMAR) at IISc, Bangalore, India from Nov 15-16.
- Sharma, A. (2013). Determinants of Employee Engagement: An examination of Perceived Supervisor Support and Perceived Organization Support effect. 6th IIMA Doctoral Colloquium at IIM Ahmedabad, India from Jan 8-9.
- Sharma, A. (2013). A critical examination of work engagement outcomes. 7th IIMA Doctoral Colloquium at IIM Ahmedabad, India from Dec 9-11.