Anirban has done his PhD on Evolutionary Game Theory from the department of Industrial Engineering & Operations Research at IIT Bombay. He worked at the Interdisciplinary Statistical Research Unit of Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata as a Visiting Scientist. Currently he is working as an Assistant Professor at the IIM Visakhapatnam. He also works as a Visiting Professor at IIM Indore for their IPM, PGPMX, and EPGP program.
Anirban's teaching interests are Game Theory and various versions of it e.g. Behavioral Game Theory, Evolutionary Game Theory etc. His research interest lies in application of game theoretic modeling in human behavioral domain. He is also interested in statistical modeling of business scenarios using SPSS and Python.
Anirban’s research interests are Evolutionary Game Theory, Social and Behavioral Modeling, and Mathematical Analysis of Social Networks.
Publication in Journals
• Ghatak, A., Mukherjee D., Rao, K. M., April 2017, ‘A Spatial Game Theoretic Analysis of Conflict and Identity’, Computational Economics, Published Online First Click to view
• Ghatak, A., Rao, K. M., Shaiju, A., Dec 2012, ‘Evolutionary stability against multiple mutations’, Dynamic Games and Applications, vol. 2, issue 4: Birkhäuser Boston, pp. 376-384 Click to view
• Ghatak, A., Iyengar, S., June 2014, ‘Corruption Breeds Corruption’, Studies in Microeconomics vol. 2: pp.121-132 Click to view
• Dhanalakshmi, R., Parthiban, P., Ghatak, A., Jan 2010, ‘A heuristic to generate input sequence for simulated annealing to solve VRP’, International Journal of Enterprise Network Management, vol. 4, issue 1: pp.26-38 Click to view
• Ghatak, A., Mukherjee, D., Ray, A., March 2016, ‘The Interplay of Identity and Social Network - An Evolutionary Game Theoretic Model’, Invited Talk, International Conclave on the Foundations of Decisions and Games, IGIDR, Mumbai, India
• Ghatak, A., Mukherjee, D., Dec 2015, ‘The Interplay of Identity and Social Network - A Methodological Study’, Invited Talk, Networks and Games 2015, IIT Ropar, Ropar, India
• Ghatak, A., Mukherjee, D., Rao, K. M., Dec 2014 ‘A Behavioral and Spatial Game Theoretic Analysis of Conflict and Identity’, Invited Talk, Networks and Games 2014, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, India
• Ghatak, A., Dec 2012, ‘Bribery Games - Does Differential Treatment Help?’, International Conference on Optimization, Computing and Business Analytics, Kolkata, India, Allied Publishers, pp. 120-123
• Ghatak, A., Rao, K. M., July 2012, ‘Spatial Games and Evolutionary Stability against Multple Mutations’, ISDG Fifteenth International Symposium on Dynamic Games and Applications, Bysice, Czech Republic
• Ghatak, A. January 2012, ‘Bribery - A Game Theoretic Approach’, International Conference on Game Theory Operations Research and Applications, ISI Chennai, India
• “The Interplay of Identity and Social Network - an Evolutionary Game Theoretic Model” with Diganta Mukherjee & Abhishek Ray (Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata) - Submitted at Human Nature
• “The Interplay of Identity and Social Network - an Empirical Study” with Diganta Mukherjee & Abhishek Ray (Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata)
• “Population Crafting: Education, Employment, Corruption and Caste in India” with Malabika Biswas (Indian Institute of Technology Bombay)