Candidates require a valid test score, from any one of the acceptable tests for the area(s) of Specialization they are applying to, as shown in the following table:
Area of Specialization
Acceptable Test Scores
Economics & Social Sciences
CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/JRF(NET)3 / CSIR (NET)#
OB & HR
- JRF(NET) in Economics / Rural Economics / Cooperation/ Demography / Development Studies/Development Planning/Econometrics / Development Economics / Business Economics/ Population Studies
- JRF(NET) in Economics/ Sociology/ Management.
- JRF(NET) All Subjects / # CSIR (NET) All subjects
- NET in Political Science/ Philosophy/ Psychology/ Sociology/ Anthropology/ Education/ Social Work/ Public Administration/ Management/ Indian Culture/ Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management/ Women Studies/ Human Rights and Duties/ Tourism Administration and Management.
- JRF(NET) in English/ Linguistics/ Mass Communication and Journalism/ Women Studies/ Comparative Literature/ Education/ Management/ Indian Culture/ Tribal and Regional Language & Literature/ Folk Literature/Personnel Management/ Psychology/ Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/Non-Formal Education