Online Certification Program
Handling Partial Least Squares - Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM)
Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) is a statistical methodology that is widely used in social sciences research (especially marketing, organizational behavior, human resource management, psychology, behavioral finance and behavioral economics). SEM models are so general that they encompass most of the statistical methods that are currently used in the social and behavioral sciences. SEM allows a researcher to test complex models with multiple pathways, model latent variables with multiple indicators, investigate mediation and moderation in a systematic way and adjust for measurement error in predictor variables. This workshop shall provide the participants a descriptive theoretical and practical knowledge to SEM, moderation and mediation. SmartPLS 3 and R (plspm package) will be used to learn all the statistical technique, which is uniqueness of the workshop.
15 hrs (10 sessions of 1.5 hrs)
The Programme will be conducted from June 27 and July 1, 2022. There will be two sessions per day from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM and 7:45 PM to 9:15 PM as per the Indian Standard Time (IST).
Program will be delivered through online platform.
Research Scholar/Students, Faculty members, and Corporates
- A PC with at least 4 GB RAM (preferably 8 GB).
- A stable internet connection of 1mbps or higher.
- Smart PLS and R software
Session-wise course outline:
- Introduction to PLS-SEM, myth and reality
- Difference between Covariance-based SEM and PLS-SEM
- Type of Constructs: Reflective and Formative
- Confirmatory Factor Analysis: (Formative construct, reflective constructs)
- Higher Order confirmatory Factor Analysis (Confirmatory Tetrad Analysis)
- Mediation Analysis: Introduction
- Sequential Mediation Analysis
- Parallel mediation Analysis
- Moderation Analysis: Introduction
- Moderation Analysis: Interaction Effect
- Moderation Analysis: Multi-Group Analysis
- Moderated Mediation
- Mediated Moderation
- Use of PLS SEM in Different Domains of Management: Marketing, HR/OB, Finance, Operation, and Information System
- How to Publish in High Impact Factor Journals
Award of Certificate:
- A minimum of 70% attendance in the course is mandatory.
- No Alumni status or Institute email shall be provided
Application Closure Date: June 24, 2022
Online Classes Start Date: June 27, 2022
Course Completion Date: July 01, 2022
Program Fee Structure:
About the Instructor:
Dr. Amit Shankar
Assistant Professor (Marketing)
Prof. Amit Shankar is Assistant Professor at IIM Visakhapatnam in the area of Marketing Management. He is PhD from Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur. He has Academic experience of 5 years working with renowned Institutes. He has published in leading journals (ABDC journal classification). He has conducted workshops on SPSS, Amos, SmartPLS, Advanced Excel, and Process Macro in premier institutes of India.
Google Scholar ID: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=wPu6DdsAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao